The Broader Impacts Platform provided professional training to EPSCoR faculty, post-doctoral fellows and graduate students in career success skills such as writing proposals, managing a research portfolio, and mentoring to students. Teams were assembled to respond to solicitations for large-scale center type programs. The Broader Impacts Platform, in concert with sponsored research offices at the Regents Institutions, assisted faculty in proposal preparation.
The Broader Impacts Platform provided comprehensive professional development programs to assist faculty to become more successful researchers and educators.
Junior faculty had opportunities to:
- Learn about funding agencies (including industry);
- Improve their grantsmanship;
- Receive training on balancing research, education and outreach; and
- Develop Broader Impacts and integrate them into their research projects.
- Served as speakers at workshops for junior faculty;
- Participated in workshops that enhance their understanding of the impediments to full participation in STEM disciplines; and
- Attended seminars that enhance their skills in building inter-disciplinary research groups, collaborations with industry, and in communicating science.
- Professional Development Programs for Researchers – Academic Year 2013 – 2014 (PDF)
- Biofuel Workshop Archived Materials
- Frequently asked questions for faculty and researchers
- “Chapter 14: Developing Faculty Involvement,” Improving the Retention and Graduation of Minorities in Engineering (PDF)