The Broader Impacts Platform focused on efforts to prepare a workforce and broaden the participation of women, underrepresented minorities, and first-generation college students in the STEM pipeline, and create a community of scholars who integrate broader impacts into their research effort.
The Broader Impacts Platform:
- Built upon existing STEM related programs to broaden their reach across the entire educational continuum,
- Coordinated efforts to develop a diverse and highly skilled workforce,
- Provided professional development to current and future generations of scientists to help them build successful careers,
- Coordinated platform researchers’ efforts to engage industry, disseminate information, and inform key stakeholders,
- Shared with the EPSCoR community best practices in outcomes assessment techniques,
- Developed appropriate cyberinfrastructure to enable connectivity among institutions and supports overall research and educational goals, and
- Ensured long-term sustainability of these efforts by encouraging the institutionalization of best practices.
See the entire Broader Impacts team.