What research did Iowa NSF EPSCoR conduct?
This five-year, $20 million grant built Iowa’s research capacity in renewable energy and energy efficiency. The program was composed of four major platforms: bioenergy, wind energy, energy utilization, and energy policy.
How do I cite EPSCoR?
Participants in the Iowa NSF EPSCoR project who have been supported by Iowa NSF EPSCoR need to include the following acknowledgement in all products (i.e. papers, brochures, educational materials, websites, presentations, etc.). Support might include salary, start-up funds student support, equipment, travel or seed grant funding.
“This material is based upon work supported in part by the National Science Foundation Grant Number EPSC-1101284. Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.”
Can I obtain federal EPSCoR funding for my project?
The designation of the State of Iowa as an EPSCoR jurisdiction creates new opportunities for extramural funding at three agencies: the National Science Foundation, NASA, and the Department of Energy.
How do I contact Iowa NSF EPSCoR?
Visit our contact page to identify members of the EPSCoR leadership team.
Were there potential funding opportunities through EPSCoR?
Yes. Faculty affiliated with Iowa NSF EPSCoR were required to seek outside external funding.
How did EPSCoR enable state-wide infrastructure and competitiveness?
To achieve these goals, the Iowa EPSCoR programs:
- Catalyzed key research themes that empower knowledge generation, dissemination, and application;
- Activated regional collaborations that advance scientific research, promote innovation, and benefit society;
- Expanded the scientific literacy of all citizens, and facilitate the importance of science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) research and education
- Developed the diverse, well-prepared, internationally competent and globally engaged STEM workforce necessary to sustain the nation’s competitive edge;
- Encouraged innovation, knowledge transfer and stimulate economic development
How can I explain Iowa NSF EPSCoR to others?
We have created a set of slides you can use to provide a brief (5-minute) overview of the program to a general audience.
Where is the NSF EPSCoR effort headed in the future?
EPSCOR 2030: A Report to the National Science Foundation details observations about the value of the NSF EPSCoR program and recommended changes to enhance its effectiveness.